The short answer: to increase your revenue significantly.
The detailed answer: The DACH region has a combined population of just over 100 million people, with many shared traits in terms of culture, history, and lifestyle.
Germany is, by far, the largest of the three countries, with around 83 million people, whereas Austria and Switzerland have around nine million inhabitants each – German is the most widely spoken language in all three countries.
According to Statista, leading German statistical data provider, the DACH region is a fast growing SaaS market with a lot of potential:
- Revenue in the SaaS segment is projected to reach approx. 9,3 billion USD in Germany, which accounts for around 20% of total SaaS sales in Europe.
- The revenue is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.5%, resulting in a market volume of approx. 13,800m USD by 2025.
- Looking at the entire German-speaking market, annual revenue from software as a service in the DACH region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) is growing by around USD 3 billion (Switzerland) and USD 1 billion (Austria) to a total annual volume of over USD 13 billion – a share of over 27% of European sales in the SaaS segment.
- Growth in Austria and Switzerland is even expected to reach a CAGR of 20% in the coming years.
- Most Germans have knowledge of the English language (64%) but most still search for solutions in their native language.